Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New begininngs... sort of

I did it. It makes me a little sick, but I'm feeling no other options. (Well at least not any at this exact moment.) I re-activated my account (for the millionth time) on the online dating site.

I always forget just how bad it is until I am there again. Sifting through countless pictures and profiles. I don't know why I do it. I find myself imaging what my life would be like with "LakersMan24" or "UtahGoodMan". (Who, by the way stood me up for a date over a year ago.) And it's not so good. I am 99% sure I will not find my life mate on this site. But I guess it's like having chips and salsa before your meal. It's not going to fill you, but you may as well do something while you're waiting for you meal, right?

I've been divorced for 3 years. (Hooray!) We're (we as in you and I) happy about this. I have 3 kids and a job, so my social life is as sad as the plant in my kitchen that I forget to water, also because I have 3 kids and a job.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you! Look at you. You are hopeful--even in a somewhat sad, despondent way. That (still) counts.

    ReplyDelete